Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wow - 1/3 of the way through my final semester now. My purchasing class is going great. It will end at Spring Break (which is about a month away). I presented my project on Caviar last week and it went smashingly. Restaurant Management couldn't be any easier as it's just basically waiting tables in La Friandise. Beverage Management is a hoot as it's mostly wine tasting. We tasted a great Viognier last week which inspired me to buy a bottle at World Market last week. My Mom is scandalized as she is a teetotaler and doesn't even like having ANY kind of alcohol in the house. Practical Exam class: I missed the first exam due to having a tooth pulled. OWIE. I'll have to make it up some time (at Chef Redd's convenience). The baking exam is this week. We have to turn in a decorated cake. Mine is going to be a chocolate cake with a mocha cream filling and a coffee/chocolate ganache. Think I'll go for the simple decorations - just pipe the words "Be Mine" for Valentine's on top. Good enough...

More later......stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I can only assume your story had a happy ending. I hope you and Erin are enjoying the fruits of your hard work.