Thursday, October 16, 2008

1/2 way through the 3rd semester!?!



I finally had Mom take a pic of me in my front-of-the-house tuxedo - here I am, in all of my 47-year-old glory!

Wow - I can't believe it's Oct. 16th already. Time is really flying. I'm so busy I think I pass myself coming & going some days.

Let's see........school........ well, I've been the Patissier, the Baker, and Potager so far. Today I was the Potager and Rachel (Garde Manger) was out, so I covered her station also. I made a fabulous creamy Carrot & Ginger soup (which I previously made last semester). For the appetizers, we had classic Cobb salad with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette, fried oysters with a coconut/mango dipping sauce, and classic Escargots with a cream sauce in vol-au-vents. Needless to say, I worked my a$$ off! With some help from my bestest buddy, Chaney, we whipped it right out! We were very proud of ourselves and almost strained our arms patting ourselves on the back after service.

Everyone - chant along with me: One more semester! One more semester! One more semester!!!

No comments: