Friday, September 5, 2008

Second Year - Second Week

How nice to have a holiday in the 2nd week of class. Labor Day and the end of the summer tourist season has finally arrived in this beach town on the Redneck Riviera.

All that happened this week was more cleaning, organizing, sorting, and stowing. We did make 6 huge pots of stock - both chicken & veal, to freeze for future use.

We did a tour of the library and I actually found there are things I didn't know! Mostly about their computer system and eBooks. Valuable knowledge to have for the projects we have to do for "Cuisines of the World".

I started doing a little research last night on what I'm going to do with my Chef-AAS degree after graduation. Food research or working in a test kitchen would be my ideal job. I noticed there are teaching positions available also.

One more week until we begin service in La Friandise. I'm looking forward to being back in the swing of things!

No comments: