Friday, April 4, 2008

The Veggie Station

Last Monday night I was on the Vegetable station in La Friandise. I made Baby Brussels sprouts with bacon & cream. To die for. I blanched them first and then shocked them in ice water. I cooked the bacon in the oven until done and then chopped it up. Then it was just a matter of sauteing the sprouts in butter and adding the bacon & cream to them. Everyone said they were excellent. Chef Ashman ate two bowls of them and took some home to his wife.

I made rice pilaf with a fine brunoise of red bell pepper in it to pretty it up. I also blanched some asparagus spears and shocked them. Then sauteed them in butter fresh garlic. I made stuffed tomatoes with fresh breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, some fresh chopped herbs, drizzled with olive oil, and dotted with butter.

Everything was so pretty on the plate! I was very pleased with myself.

Only one more service to cook for and that is for our families the week of the 21st of April. And I'll be sous chef then!

Right now it's the beginning of spring break and I plan to do absolutely NOTHING for an entire week except work at my little job and make some money.

After Spring Break - only 3 more weeks in the semester. I'm so happy I could SCREAM!!!

No comments: